Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 1 - Longmire to South Puyallup ~11.1 miles

July 18th 2014, I woke up at the ass crack of dawn the morning of my hike with the intention of getting to the ranger station by their 7:30 opening, but due to unforeseen circumstances (including mailing my second cache via UPS and getting a second breakfast in Eatonville) I got there at about 10:40 and probably hit the trail at 11:30am. The hike was generally pretty sunny and the terrain was gorgeous. I saw a ton of flowers, my first glacier of the trip and generally felt strong.


My first real view of the mountain from the trail - trusty backpack in foreground


Tahoma Creek Suspension Bridge

Tahoma Glacier


Unknown wildflower
The first day had some elevation gain - I believe that this was the climb up Emerald Ridge

Avalanche Lilies and the Tahoma Glacier

No comments:

Post a Comment